We tend to think that the term “downward dog” was a misnomer. As it turns out cats, not dogs, are the true yoga masters of the animal kingdom. Need proof? As these 32 photos show, felines’ inner peace, superb flexibility, and endless patience make them natural-born yogis.
1. They are naturally limber and bendy.
2. They’re great inhalers and exhalers (minus the fishy kitty breathe).
3. They begin practicing their poses at a young age. This little guy is moving into a beautiful half shoulder stand.
4. They make a forward fold look easy as hell.
5. While one might think they’re just taking a bath, cats in this position are simply fine tuning their seated angle pose.
6. They take naps in bow position.
7. They know how to fully relax.
8. They can twist themselves into a beautiful standing forward pose.
9. A horizontal cat pose.
10. And are masters of the “leg high”.
11. Their focus during meditation is unparallelled.
12. Flexibility is key.
13. And stretching is a must.
14. Knee circles are almost too easy for them.
15. And they totally own downward dog.
16. Their sun salutations are the best around.
17. The tricky apanasana hold is a breeze for them.
18. Sink forward bend is achieved by six months old.
19. Plough position is kitten’s play.
20. And hidden warrior pose is a favorite among American shorthairs.
21. Their modified side angle is key to their stretching routine.
22. They turn the table pose on its head.
23. Felines take on the caterpillar pose with the ease of a breakdancer.
24. And own locust posture.
25. They always know to end with a good savasana.
26. And they can easily bend over and touch their toes.
27. Their half twists should be an Olympic sport.
28. And child’s pose is an absolute fave.
29. They enjoy seated angle pose when watching television.
30. And make great work out buddies.
31. They can even stand in for weights if needed.
32. The truth behind all of this yoga stretching and strength training is part of their master plan to become amazing kickboxers and dominate any dog that comes their way. Go #TeamCat!blog comments powered by Disqus