From melting ice cream cones to glittery mermaid tails, we've gathered the best summer-inspired manicures from around the web!
Stuck in a nail rut? Do you find yourself continually reverting back to the same old nail color? These days, neutral nails are “out” and fun, eclectic, experimental nails are “in.” If you’re in need of some mani inspiration, we’ve got you covered with 32 summery nail art ideas for all styles and personalities.
Neon Nail Art: A Pop Of Color Goes A Long Way
1. We’re loving this modern twist on a classic: a neon yellow French tip manicure!
2. Flower power meets electronic UV lights with a bright tie-dye swirl technique.
3. Pump up chevron with a base of yellows and orange.
4. Leave a section of your nail naked for a geo cut-out look.
5. A sponge is helpful for applying a gradient of colors. Try a white base to make the lighter colors on top look more vibrant.
6. Want something more subtle? Try a simple neon outline around a nude base color.
Beach Inspired Manicures: Pay Homage To The Season
7. Palm trees and watermelon are summer favorites.
8. Clear skies, blue water, and textured sand—we can almost smell the ocean!
9. Strawberries just scream “SUMMER!”
10. We love the happy little starfish in this beach-themed nail art!
Ode To Ice Cream: These Manicures Will Last Longer Than That Double Scoop
11. Rainbow drippings over nude nails are fun and quirky.
12. Pastel colors of melting ice cream scoops on waffle cones look delicious and dainty.
13. Scoops on one hand, cones on the other…together they make the perfect pairing.
14. Cones made of gold glitter with triple scoops for the win!
Under The Sea: Scales And Glitter Bring Mermaid Nails To Life
15. If you’ve always dreamed of being a sea princess, this is your look.
16. Classic mermaid turquoise gets luxe with a sparkle sheen.
17. Large cuts of glitter make for a glamorous mermaid look.
18. Dark-lined scales tell the world you’re one bad sea witch.
Flower Power: Nail Beds Are The New Petal Pushers
19. A light hand can produce a beautiful watercolor design.
20. Pink roses on a blue base create the effect of a flowery wallpaper on your nails.
21. Happy white-petaled daisies remind us of the 1990s.
22. Just one accent flower, like this sunflower, brings a normal french manicure to life!
Nautical Manicures: Nail Art That Travels The High Seas
23. Stretch your sea legs with navy and white lines and sails.
24. Anchors away! Add pastels, polka dots and stripes for a preppy look.
25. A gold anchor on the ring finger is quite eye-catching.
26. Hibiscus flowers with a nautical look has us dreaming up Hawaiian summer adventures.
Back To The Future: Where Tribal Prints Meet Electric Nail Art
27. These nails are readymade for a music festival (Lolla, anyone?).
28. Southwestern designs in pastels with glitter accents are great conversation pieces.
29. Textured polish that looks like granules of sand give off a soft yet earthy feel.
Twinkle Lights: Sparkles Are Fireflies For Your Nails
30. A classic coral pink with a subtle spatter of sparkles at the tip are perfect for summer.
31. A silver sparkle fade is perfect for a summer wedding—bridesmaid or bride!
32. One accent sparkle nail ups your game from classic to classy.
Of all the looks above, which summer-inspired manicure would you like to try?