Roasted cauliflower? Yawn. We’ve been there, done that. But a whole cauliflower head, slathered in creamy yogurt, coated with zesty spices and baked until nice ‘n crisp? Now we’re talking!
If you’re looking for a show-stopping veggie dish, look no further than PureWow’s finger-lickin’ good Spicy Whole Roasted Cauliflower. Served atop a bed of dainty greens for the ultimate dramatic presentation, consider this the be-all and end-all of cauliflower dishes. We can almost guarantee that this entire plate will be devoured in a matter of seconds.
Spicy Whole-Roasted Cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1½ cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons chile powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 400° and lightly grease a small baking sheet with vegetable oil. Set aside.
2. Trim the base of the cauliflower to remove any green leaves and the woody stem.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the yogurt with the lime zest and juice, chile powder, cumin, garlic powder, curry powder, salt and pepper.
4. Dunk the cauliflower into the bowl and use a brush or your hands to smear the marinade evenly over its surface. (Excess marinade can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to three days and used with meat, fish or other veggies.)
5. Place the cauliflower on the prepared baking sheet and roast until the surface is dry and lightly browned, 30 to 40 minutes. The marinade will make a crust on the surface of the cauliflower.
6. Let the cauliflower cool for 10 minutes before cutting it into wedges and serving alongside a big green salad.