20 Minute Chickpea Curry
Meatless Monday can happen in 20 minutes with this protein packed vegetable curry.
- 1 cup snow peas, sliced cross-wise
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 14 ounce cans coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- juice of lime
- 1 teaspoon yellow curry powder
- 1 15 ounce can chickpeas or garbanzo beans
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- salt to taste
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Cooked white or brown rice, optional
- Add snow peas, onions, carrots, red peppers and oil to a large pan or nonstick skillet and sauté over medium-high heat 5-6 minutes until veggies are tender.
- Add garlic and cook another minute or so until garlic is fragrant.
- Add coconut milk, red curry paste, lime juice, yellow curry powder, chickpeas, garlic slat, and salt. Continue to cook and stir until chickpeas are heated through (about five minutes). Stir in cilantro.
- Serve warm over rice and top with additional cilantro if desired.
Recipe Courtesy of Tiffany at Creme de la Crumb