Almond Energy Bars
- Yield 9 servings
Subtly sweet, with just a hint of sea salt, these homemade almond bars are loaded with natural energy from nuts and oats.
- 1 cup brown rice cereal
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon (1/2 ounce) chia seeds
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Coat an 8” X 8” baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour batter in pan and spread evenly. Flatten and smooth top with a spatula.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before slicing and serving.
Recipe courtesy of Carrots ‘N’ Cake.