- 2cups chopped cauliflower
- 350grams kumara or sweet potato, peeled
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1cup grated mozzarella
- 1/4cup chopped parsley
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- Salt & pepper
- Olive oil
- 16-25 asparagus spears
- Baby salad leaves
blog comments powered by
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Add cauliflower to pot of poling water. Bring water back to boil and cook, about 1 minute. Drain and refresh in cold water. Drain again well.
- Grate kumara or sweet potato in food processor. Place all ingredients in large bowl and season. Toss together until vegetables are covered in egg.
- Place on lined baking tray and form rectangle. Bake 20 minutes, until firm and golden.
- Heat olive oil in frying pan and cook asparagus, about 2 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels. To assemble, place asparagus over top of cauliflower crust. Sprinkle with grated cheese and salad leaves.
This recipe originally appeared as Asparagus and Vegetable Tart on strandsofmylife.com.