Asparagus, Parmesan and Soft-Boiled Eggs
- Prep: 15 minutes
- Cook: 10 minutes
- 20 asparagus spears
- 1/4cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 oranges
- 4 eggs
- 2cups roughly grated Parmesan cheese
- Zest and juice the oranges, straining out any seeds. Wash the asparagus and remove the tough woody ends.
- Boil the asparagus for 5 minutes in lightly salted water. Drain. Return to the pot and add the olive oil and orange zest and juice.
- Boil the eggs for exactly 5 minutes. Cool, peel, and cut in half.
- Arrange the asparagus and oranges on a serving platter and top with the eggs. Sprinkle on the Parmesan and season with salt and pepper.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Simple: The Easiest Cookbook in the World © 2016 by Jean François Mallet, Hatchette Books | Black Dog & Leventhal