Avocado Fruit Salad
- Yield 6 cups
- Prep 15 minutes
- Cook 1 hour, 15 min
Technically speaking, avocados are a fruit. Loaded with fiber, vitamin K, folate, and vitamin C, plus healthy monounsaturated fat, they are a wonderful addition to salads.
- 1 (24-ounce) jar refrigerated orange and grapefruit sections, drained, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 (24-ounce) jar refrigerated tropical mixed fruit in light syrup, drained, rinsed and patted dry
- 2 cups cubed fresh cantaloupe
- 1 medium ripe avocado, halved and cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Mint leaves for garnish
1. Toss together first 6 ingredients. Cover and chill 1 hour. Serving size 1 cup
Recipe courtesy of the THE SLIM DOWN SOUTH COOKBOOK: Eating Well and Living Healthy in the Land of Biscuits and Bacon (January 6, 2014; Oxmoor House; $24.95/Hardcover).