Baked Apples Stuffed with Quinoa
- Yield: 6 servings
- 3 apples, cut in half
- 1/4 lemon
- 1cup full fat coconut milk, refrigerated over night with coconut cream scraped off the top
- 1/2cup quinoa
- 1/3cup dried cranberries
- 1/3cup dried coconut flakes
- 1/3cup hazelnuts, chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 380F. While it’s heating cut out the core of each apple slice leaving a golf ball sized hole. Squeeze lemon over each apple.
- Bake apples for 45 minutes or until soft and golden.
- While the apples are cooking, prepare quinoa. Scoop off the cream from your coconut milk and place in a mixing bowl. Use remaining 1 cup of coconut milk to cook the quinoa.
- Bring quinoa to a boil, add a pinch of salt, reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 12-15 minutes or until all liquid is gone. Add cranberries, coconut flakes and hazelnuts.
- Spoon mixture into the center of each cooked apple and top with coconut cream.
- Coconut Cream: mix on high until fluffy. Add 1 teaspoon of sugar if you’d like to sweeten it up.
Recipe courtesy of Laura Mueseler from Sequins at Breakfast. Laura’s blog is a creative outlet to share posts on fashion, food and decor.