Bang Bang Chicken Wraps with Sweet Chili Peanut Sauce
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings
This wonderful recipe combines chicken and crunchy greens with a spicy peanut satay sauce, all wrapped in a flour tortilla. Set the ingredients out and let everyone make their own.
- Ingredients for the peanut satay sauce
- 1/3cup smooth or crunchy peanut butter
- 3teaspoons sweet chili sauce
- 1tablespoon sesame oil
- 1tablespoon water
- 1teaspoon soya sauce
- 1tablespoon Japanese rice vinegar (optional)
- Ingredients for chicken
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1/4cup barbecue sauce
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- Ingredients for wraps
- flour tortillas
- 1/2cup cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 cup mung bean sprouts
- 1/2cup lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 cup scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2cup cilantro, chopped
For the peanut satay sauce:
- Combine all of the above ingredients in a small pot and heat until softened and well combined. Taste and test; if you like it spicier, add more sweet chili or if you want it saltier, add more soy.
For the chicken:
- To make the chicken, cut the chicken breasts about 2/3 of the way through and placed opened up on a cutting board. Press down with the palm of your hand to flatten them out, then put in a plastic bag and coat generously with barbecue sauce.
- Heat olive oil in a nonstick pan and quickly cook the chicken until its golden on each side and cooked through (about 2-3 minutes per side).
- Heat the tortillas in the microwave or dry fry in a nonstick pan.
- To assemble spread some of the peanut sauce on the tortilla and add all the other ingredients, wrap and enjoy.
Bio: Recipe courtesy of Samantha Linsell, a published cookbook author with 20 years of hospitality management and food marketing experience under her belt, and now a professional food stylist and recipe developer. She is based in Cape Town, South Africa where she spends a great deal of time hunting down the delicious things in life and tracks her food adventures on her popular food blog: Drizzle and Dip.