- Yield 16 servings
Say the word beer and you have your man’s attention, and when he smells the aroma of homemade bread, the evening is yours.
- 4 cups self-rising flour
- 1/4 -- sugar
- 1 -- (16-ounce) bottle light beer
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven 400F. Coat 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray
- In large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, and beer, mixing only until moistened.
- Transfer batter into prepared pan. Bake 50 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven, pour melted butter over top.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Holly Clegg's Trim & Terrific Gulf Coast Favorites: Over 250 Easy Recipes from My Louisiana Kitchen, 2008.