Black Bean, Zucchini & Olive Tacos
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1teaspoon olive oil
- 2 zucchini-- diced small (about 1 pound)
- 2-- jalapeños, seeded, sliced thinly
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 2-- cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3-- pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/2teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2teaspoon ground coriander
- 1-- (6-ounce) can salsa verde
- 1-- (16-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2cup finely chopped scallions
- 8-- (6-inch) corn tortillas
Prepare the dressing: Mix together the edamame, rice vinegar, and agave. Now you’re ready to assemble the salad. Place the lettuce in a bowl and drizzle with a little dressing. Scoop the rice over the lettuce. Top the rice with the cucumber, carrot, green onion, and sesame seeds. Sprinkle with the nori chiffonade and avocado, if using, and serve with the vinaigrette on the side.
Preheat a heavy-bottomed skillet over medium-high heat. Add the zucchini and jalapeño to the oil and sprinkle with the salt (salt will help draw the moisture out of the zukes). Sauté for about 7 minutes, until the zucchini is lightly browned. Add the garlic, olives, cumin, and coriander, and sauté for 2 minutes more.
Add the salsa verde and black beans. Cook for 5 more minutes; the salsa should reduce a bit so that it’s juicy but not soupy.
Place the tortillas in a moist paper towel and heat in the microwave for 1 minute on high. Serve with Garlic-Lemon Yogurt and chopped scallions.
Reprinted with permission from Appetite for Reduction: 125 Fast & Filling Low-Fat Vegan Recipes by Isa Chandra Moskowitz