- Yield: 4 servings
- coconut oil or butter for greasing
- 3 turnips, peeled (or 2 rutabagas or 1 large sweet potato)
- 2 sausages or a large handful of ground pork
- 3 scallions, green parts only, chopped
- 4 eggs, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F and grease a small glass or ceramic baking dish. Grate the turnips, using a food processor if you have one.
- If using sausages, remove the meat and discard the casings. Brown the meat with a little oil in a large hot frying pan until not quite cooked through, breaking it up into small pieces with a spoon or spatula.
- Toss in the rest of the ingredients and stir, then spoon into the baking dish. Bake for 45 minutes. Let it stand for a few minutes so the casserole sets before you cut into it. Serve warm.
Reprinted from I Quit Sugar. Copyright (c) 2014 by Sarah Wilson. Photographs copyright (c) 2014 by Marija Ivkovic. Published by Clarkson Potter, a division of Random House LLC.