Bulgur Salad with Grapes & Kale
- Yield 6 servings
- 1 cup bulgur
- Kosher salt
- 1 cup pecan halves, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 2 cups halved seedless California grapes
- 2 cups finely packed slivered kale or Swiss chard leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- pinch cayenne
- Black pepper
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Stir in the bulgur and ½ teaspoon salt and remove from the heat.
- Cover and let stand 20 minutes or until most of the water has been absorbed.
- Drain well and press to extract any excess water. Let cool and stir in the remaining ingredients. Season well with salt and black pepper. Serve room temperature or chilled.
Recipe courtesy of the California Table Grape Commission.