Bulgur Salad with Grapes & Kale
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1cup bulgur
- Kosher salt
- 1cup pecan halves, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 2cups halved seedless California grapes
- 2cups finely packed slivered kale or Swiss chard leaves
- 1/2cup chopped Italian parsley
- 1/4cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1/4cup lemon juice
- 2tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- pinch cayenne
- Black pepper
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Stir in the bulgur and ½ teaspoon salt and remove from the heat.
- Cover and let stand 20 minutes or until most of the water has been absorbed.
- Drain well and press to extract any excess water. Let cool and stir in the remaining ingredients. Season well with salt and black pepper. Serve room temperature or chilled.
Recipe courtesy of the California Table Grape Commission.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 289
- Sodium 181 mg
- Carbohydrate 33 g
- Fiber 7.3 g
- Protein 5.8