California Grape and Avocado Salad
- Yield 6 servings
With sweet grapes, spicy-hot jalapeno and cooling avocado chunks, this salad is an explosion of flavor.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-vrigin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 cups red seedless California grapes, halved
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeño pepper
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 ripe avocado, cubed
- 1/4 cup roasted, salted pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup crumbled Cotija cheese (optional)
- To prepare the dressing: Whisk together the oil, lime juice, honey, and salt in a large bowl.
- To prepare the salad: Stir the grapes, cilantro, jalapeño, and green onions into the dressing. Add the avocado and stir again lightly. Sprinkle the top with the pumpkin seeds and cheese, if desired.
Recipe courtesy of the California Table Grape Commission.