Catalan Grilled Chicken Leg Quarters
- Yield: 4 servings
- 4-- chicken leg quarters
- 1/4teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2teaspoon cumin
- 1/2teaspoon cinnamon
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon black pepper
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1-- onion, medium sized, chopped
- 4cloves cloves garlic, chopped
- 3/4cup chorizo or other spicy sausage, chopped
- 1can (28 oz)whole, peeled tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1/2cup full-bodied red wine
- 1/2cup pitted olives, chopped
- Prepare gas or charcoal grill.
- In small bowl, stir together cayenne pepper, cumin, cinnamon, salt and black pepper. Rub thoroughly over chicken leg quarters. Place on grill and cook, turning, until browned on all sides and beginning to firm, about 10 minutes total.
- While chicken is grilling, warm olive oil in large pot over medium heat. Add onions and garlic; saute until beginning to brown, about 4 minutes. Stir in chorizo; saute for 3 minutes more.
- Stir in tomatoes and red wine. Bring mixture to simmer and continue cooking until chicken is off the grill.
- Add chicken to pot. Stir in olives. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- To serve, put a piece of chicken in each of four large, shallow bowls. Top with sauce.