Cheesy Brussels Sprouts Dip
- Yield 6 servings
- Prep 10 minutes
- Cook 15 minutes
This is a rich and creamy dip perfect for entertaining, and even more perfect for sneaking veggies into your guests!
- 1/2 cup fat-free Greek yogurt
- 4 ounces low-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup park-skim Mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups Brussels sprouts
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or rea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a medium bowl, stir together yogurt, Neufchatel/cream cheese, mozzarella, parmesan and cayenne pepper and set aside.
- Heat 1 Tbsp of the olive oil in an oven-safe or cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add shallot and garlic and cook for two minutes, stirring frequently. Add Brussels sprouts, salt, and pepper and cook for 4-5 minutes until somewhat wilted. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Add Brussels sprout mixture to the cheese mixture and stir to combine.
- Wipe out any remnants from the skillet and grease with the other tablespoon of olive oil. Transfer mixture from the bowl to the skillet and bake for 12-14 minutes until sides are bubbling and top is lightly browned.
- Let cool for five minutes and serve in skillet with pita, chips or veggies.
Cook’s Note: For the mozzarella, it’s best to buy a block and shred it yourself with a food processor or hand grater. Pre-shredded cheese has anti-caking agents which prevent it from melting as well as the blocks.
Julie is a hobby cook and baker who daylights as a corporate peon. She enjoys traveling, hilarious cat gifs, short walks on the beach, and running her blog, Baked-In.com.