Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Pancakes
- Yield 10-12 pieces
Do you like cookie dough? Do you like pancakes? Mmm-hmm, we thought so. These delicious stacks of goodness are vegan and gluten-free, so go ahead—have seconds.
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup mixed flaxseed meal
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon all-natural peanut butter
1. In a large mixing bowl, pour 1 cup of oat flour, and 1/2 cups of flax-seed meal (make sure you buy ground flax-seed meal to get the full nutritional value)
2. In a blender or magic bullet, break up and add 1 ripe banana and 1/2 cups of almond milk
3. Blend it together really well, then pour it into your bowl.
4. Add 1/2 cup of water and stir in really well. You may need more water if your mix is too thick and dry.
5. Add in 2 tbsp. of coconut sugar and 2 tbsp. of brown sugar. (If you don’t have coconut sugar, you can just use 4 tbsp. of brown sugar)
6. Add in 1 tbsp. of vanilla extract and 1 tsp. of all natural peanut butter
7. Finally, add in 1 tbsp. of pure maple syrup. Mix well.
9. Add in vegan chocolate chips. Stir to mix well.
10. Cook until brown and cooked. They will have a soft and flimsy texture.
Recipe courtesy of http://thecolourfulkitchen.com