Chocolate-Mint Ice Cream
- Prep: 5 minutes
- Cook: 3 hours 30 minutes
- 1 - 1 1/2 cupcup water
- 1/2cup Hemp Hearts
- 1 whole, ripe, large avocado
- 3tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4teaspoons mint extract
- 8tablespoons agave or maple syrup
- 1pinch salt
- Blend hemp and 1 cup of water until creamy in blender (blend at least 1 min). Add the avocado, blend until smooth, wiping down edges as needed (approx. 1-2 min). The texture at this point should be very velvety and light, almost foamy. Add extra water if desired. If you add too much water the ice cream may start to get icy so if you’re using a medium avocado, sticking with a cup of water is safe. Only use 1 cup if you’re planning on freezing in tupperware. Add the rest of ingredients, blend.
- Adjust syrup to taste, if you want it sweeter.
- Spray inside of each popsicle mold with cooking spray. Pour mixture into molds to top and insert popsicle sticks (optional).*
- Freeze for 3-4 hours, until there’s some resistance on the stick when you pull.
- Rinse outside of mold with hot water and pull out sticks, if using. If not, remove contents of molds with spoon into a bowl. Eat and enjoy!
- Top with chocolate chips, hemp hearts and, if you want a bit more sweetness, maple syrup!
*If using Tupperware, use large, shallow containers. Line with parchment paper and spray with cooking oil. Lightly spray the top of the mixture with cooking oil. Cover with Tupperware lid, securing the parchment paper under the lid so it is off the top of the ice cream. Freeze about 3 hours, or remove when it has reached the consistency of a soft ice cream.
Recipe courtesy of Mary from The Humble Plate. Mary is a nutrition student from Winnipeg, MB, Canada.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 290
- Fat 16g
- Fiber 7g
- Protein 8g
- Iron 25% RDA