Cilantro Turkey Burgers with Pepper Jack Cheese and Avocado
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 5 mins
- Cook 8 mins
These turkey burgers have cilantro in them and are served with pepper jack cheese and avocado. Delicious!
- 1 pound 93% lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon canola oil
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 4 slices tomato
- 12 slices jalapeño, optional
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns
- In a large bowl mix together turkey, cilantro, garlic, Worcestershire, paprika, cumin, granulated garlic, onion powder, salt, and pepper, until combined. Form into 4 patties.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet to medium-high heat; coat with the oil. Add burgers and cook for about 4 minutes on each side, or until cooked to 170 degrees and no longer pink in the center. Place cheese slices on top of burgers and cover or tent with aluminum foil to melt cheese.
- Place burgers on buns and top with avocado slices (1/4 of the avocado per person), jalapeño (if using), and tomatoes.
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Abel – A healthy food blogger from Simply Fresh Cooking. Rachael and her husband, Bill, have a passion for creating recipes for their blog, Simply Fresh Cooking. They focus on using tons of fresh and natural ingredients (along with the occasional indulgence), while always keeping in mind the importance of taste.