Clean Peanutty Thai Chicken
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1/2cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2cup chicken broth
- 1/4cup low-sodium tamari sauce
- -- juice of 1 large lime
- 1tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 4cloves garlic, crushed
- 1-- chunk peeled fresh ginger
- 1tablespoon honey
- 1/2teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1-- sweet onion, chopped
- 1-- red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and chopped
- 1 1/2pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast or thighs, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2cup chopped fresh cilantro
In the bowl of a food processor, combine the peanut butter, broth, tamari, lime juice, vinegar, garlic, ginger, honey, and red pepper flakes. Process until smooth, scraping down the sides as necessary, and set aside.
Combine the onion, bell pepper, and chicken in the slow cooker and pour the sauce evenly over all. Stir gently to coat. Cover and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours, or on low for 5 to 6 hours, until the chicken is cooked through but still juicy. Stir in the cilantro just before serving.
Reprinted with permission from The 150 Healthiest Slow Cooker Recipes On Earth by Jonny Bowden, Ph.D.,C.N.S., and Jeannette Bessinger, C.H.H.C., Fair Winds Press.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 469.5
- Fat 18.2