Coconut Lemongrass Chicken Curry
- Yield 4-6 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 25 mins
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup shallots, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Gourmet Garden Chunky Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Gourmet Garden Ginger
- 2-3 tablespoons Gourmet Garden Lemongrass
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce, split
- 1 14 fluid oz. can coconut milk
- 1-2 pound cooked chicken breast, or cooked rotisserie chicken, chopped into chunks
- 1 tablespoon Gourmet Garden Basil
- 1-2 tablespoon fish sauce, to taste
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup chickpeas
- 1/2 head cauliflower, chopped into small or medium chunks
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Cooked white or brown rice, or crostini
- Chives or fresh parsley, diced for garnish
- Using a large non-stick pan or wok over medium-high heat, heat the sesame oil for a minute. Mix together all of the ingredients from the shallots to the cumin. Add ONE tablespoon of soy sauce and continue to mix to make the paste. Mix for about 2-3 minutes until everything is well combined.
- Pour in the coconut milk and add the chicken breast stirring to combine. (*If using cooked rotisserie chicken, you can add the chicken at the end when you add the cauliflower.) When the sauce comes to a boil, reduce the heat to medium or medium-low. Cover and simmer for about 3-5 more minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink.
- Add the Gourmet Garden Basil, 1 tablespoon of fish sauce (taste and add one more tablespoon if needed), brown sugar, peas, chickpeas and cauliflower. Cook for about 3-4 minutes, or until the vegetables are softened a bit.
- Lastly, taste and add the last tablespoon of soy sauce and season with some freshly ground pepper. Mix together well. Serve over cooked white or brown rice or on little toasted bread. Sprinkle on fresh parsley for garnish.
Recipe Courtesy of Alice at Hip Foodie Mom