Coconut Lemongrass Chicken Curry
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 25 mins
- 1tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4cup shallots, finely chopped
- 2tablespoons Gourmet Garden Chunky Garlic
- 1tablespoon Gourmet Garden Ginger
- 2-3tablespoons Gourmet Garden Lemongrass
- 1/2teaspoon coriander
- 1/2teaspoon cumin
- 2tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce, split
- 1 14 fluid oz. can coconut milk
- 1-2pound cooked chicken breast, or cooked rotisserie chicken, chopped into chunks
- 1tablespoon Gourmet Garden Basil
- 1-2tablespoon fish sauce, to taste
- 1teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2cup frozen peas
- 1/2cup chickpeas
- 1/2 head cauliflower, chopped into small or medium chunks
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Cooked white or brown rice, or crostini
- Chives or fresh parsley, diced for garnish
- Using a large non-stick pan or wok over medium-high heat, heat the sesame oil for a minute. Mix together all of the ingredients from the shallots to the cumin. Add ONE tablespoon of soy sauce and continue to mix to make the paste. Mix for about 2-3 minutes until everything is well combined.
- Pour in the coconut milk and add the chicken breast stirring to combine. (*If using cooked rotisserie chicken, you can add the chicken at the end when you add the cauliflower.) When the sauce comes to a boil, reduce the heat to medium or medium-low. Cover and simmer for about 3-5 more minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink.
- Add the Gourmet Garden Basil, 1 tablespoon of fish sauce (taste and add one more tablespoon if needed), brown sugar, peas, chickpeas and cauliflower. Cook for about 3-4 minutes, or until the vegetables are softened a bit.
- Lastly, taste and add the last tablespoon of soy sauce and season with some freshly ground pepper. Mix together well. Serve over cooked white or brown rice or on little toasted bread. Sprinkle on fresh parsley for garnish.
Recipe Courtesy of Alice at Hip Foodie Mom