Creamy Coconut Avocado Lime Pie
- 2cups shredded coconut
- 1/2cup egg whites (about 4 egg whites)
- 1/3cup coconut sugar or 1/2 tsp stevia
- 1pinch salt
- 1teaspoon vanilla
- Juice of 4 limes (about 1/2 cup)
- Zest of 2 limes
- 1cup organic coconut cream (or place two cans of full fat coconut milk in the fridge overnight and only use the thick white cream found at the top of the can)
- 3 ripe large avocados (about 2 cups scooped)
- 1/2teaspoon stevia or 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1dash salt
- 1/2teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Fresh mint and lime slices for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease and line tart pan.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl until well combined. Press mixture into pan and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden. Let cool.
- Using a spoon, scoop out the avocado from its skin and place in a food processor.Process until smooth.
- Add the coconut cream, stevia (or maple syrup), salt, vanilla, lime juice and lime zest. Process until completely smooth.
- Taste the filling. You may need to add more sweetener or lime juice depending on how tart you want the pie to be.
- When the crust has cooled, pour the filling into the crust. Place this in the freezer for about 1 hour or until it becomes solid. To serve, simply remove the pie from the freezer 15-20 minutes before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Jen Udashkin of Clean Eating Goddess. Jen’s recipes cater to gluten free, Paleo, dairy-free and clean eating diets.