Crock Pot Red Curry Chicken
- Yield 4 servings
- Cook 6-8 hours
Toss dinner in the crockpot for a taste of India ready by the time you get home from work.
- 1 can of 13.25 oz light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- 1 large tomato cut into wedges
- 1 8 oz can bamboo shoots, drained
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1-2 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 4-6 ounces red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Lightly spray the inside of your crock pot with non-stick cooking spray or insert a liner.
- Toss all of the ingredients, except for the corn starch and water, into the crock pot.
- Cover and cook on high for 4-6 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.
- Combine the corn starch and water together and stir until well blended into a slurry.
- Pour the corn starch slurry into the crock pot. Cover again and cook for another 20-10 minutes until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Serve hot over brown rice or noodles of your choice.
Recipe Courtesy of Amanda at The Skinny Fork