Frozen Yogurt Blackberry Tartlettes
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1 1/2cups blackberries
- 3tablespoons water
- 2tablespoons honey
- 2cups all natural yogurt (regular, low-fat, Greek)
- 1scoop chopped roasted pistachos
- 10 mint leaves, chopped
- Wash the blackberries and remove any stems. Put them in a medium sized saucepan and add in the water. Turn the stovetop on medium high heat with the lid on. Once the berries cook remove the lid and stir from time to time to prevent them from burning. Turn the heat down to low and let them simmer for up to 30 minutes until mixture is thick. Remove from the heat and let cool for a further 30 minutes, then stir in the honey.
- Divide the yogurt amongst your muffin tins, then top it with the cooled blackberry compote. To achieve a nice marbled effect swirl it a bit with a fork. Put the tins in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours, or overnight, to freeze.
- Once ready to serve, remove the tartlettes from the tins by inverting them on a plate – a little warm water on top of the outside of the tins might be necessary. Top each with some roasted pistachos and chopped mint. Serve and enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Sabrina Witzlau from A Spoonful of Photography.