Gluten-Free Almond Brownies
- Yield: 9 servings
- 2tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1cup almond flour
- 1/4cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8teaspoon sea salt
- 1teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4cup chopped whole natural almonds
- 1/4cup dark chocolate chips
- More almonds for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream together butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Blend in egg. Blend in almond milk and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk together almond flour, cocoa powder, sea salt and baking powder. Add to butter mixture and blend just until mixed. Stir in chopped almonds and chocolate chips.
- Coat an 8” X 8” baking pan with non-sticking cooking spray.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before slicing and serving. Garnish with more chopped almonds or with sliced almonds, toasted.
Recipe courtesy of Carrots ‘N’ Cake.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 142