Grilled Fiesta Shrimp
- Yield 6 servings
- 2 pounds peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning, divided
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) preshredded Mexican-blend or cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup drained canned whole-kernel corn with sweet peppers
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups hot cooked long-grain rice
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Arrange shrimp in center of a large piece of heavy duty aluminum foil. Drizzle oil over shrimp; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning, tossing to coat. Top shrimp with cheese, corn, cilantro, and beans; sprinkle with remaining 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning. Fold opposite ends of foil together; crimp to seal.
- Place foil packet on grill rack; cover and cook 15 minutes or until shrimp are done. Serve over hot cooked rice.
Serving size: about 3⁄4 cup shrimp mixture and about 2⁄3 cup rice
Book credit: Cooking Light Way to Cook Grilling