Grilled Peach & Arugula Salad with Mustard Herb Vinaigrette
- Yield 6-8 servings
- For the Salad
- 2 peaches, pit removed and sliced in half
- 1 teaspoon California Olive Ranch Arbequina Olive Oil
- 1 ripe avocado
- 4 cups fresh arugula
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 2-3 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, torn into pieces
- For the Dressing
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 shallot, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 cup California Olive Ranch Arbequina Olive Oil
- 1/8 cup red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
1. Heat an indoor or outdoor grill to medium high heat. Brush peach halves with California Olive Ranch Arbequina Olive Oil and place on the grill, flat side down for 1 – 2 minutes and then rotate 90 degrees to continue to cook for another 1 – 2 minutes. Once grill marks are present, use a pair of tongs and remove the peaches to a cutting board and let cool. After the peaches have cooled, slice each half into 3 – 4 wedges.
2. Cut avocado in half lengthwise. Remove the pit and discard. Remove the skin from the avocado and place the avocado flesh onto a cutting board. Cut each half of the avocado into six strips.
3. Place arugula in a large serving bowl and top with grilled peach wedges, sliced avocado, crumbled feta cheese and sliced almonds.
4. To make dressing, combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together until evenly combined. Dress the salad with 1/2 of the vinaigrette and taste. Add more vinaigrette if needed otherwise reserve the remaining vinaigrette for a later use.
5. Garnish salad with thinly sliced pieces of prosciutto and serve immediately.
Recipes courtesy of chef, cookbook author and blogger Gaby Dalkin of What’s Gaby Cooking.