Grilled Pizza Primavera
- Yield: 4 servings
To save time, use preshredded and mixed cheese combinations.
- Pizza Crust:
- -- Pizza dough ball for 1 pizza crust, at room temperature
- -- Olive oil or vegetable oil, for spraying
- Pizza Toppings:
- 2teaspoons olive oil
- 2-- garlic cloves, sliced thinly
- 1/2-- red onion, sliced thinly
- 1-- red bell pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
- 1cup sliced mushrooms
- 1cup quartered canned artichoke hearts
- 1teaspoon dried oregano
- 1cup chopped fresh spinach leaves
- 2cups marinara sauce
- 8ounces (2 cups) shredded Italian cheese mixture or mozzarella cheese
- 6whole fresh basil leaves
- 1/2teaspoon crushed dried red chili flakes
- To make crust: Roll or press dough into a 12- or 16-inch circle. Spray lightly with olive or vegetable oil and allow dough to sit 10 minutes while you preheat grill.
- To make toppings: Heat oil in a large saute pan and add garlic, onions, bell peppers, mushrooms and artichoke hearts. Saute over high heat 2 minutes. Add oregano and spinach leaves; toss to combine. Set aside.
- After preheating grill to high heat, place pizza dough oiled side down on grill and cook, covered, 3 to 7 minutes until lightly browned. Keep watching to make sure the temperature is not too high as all grills are different. Spray top with oil and flip pizza over. Cover and grill other side 4 minutes until lightly browned. Remove from grill to a plate. Top with sauce, cheese and sauteed vegetables.
- Lay basil leaves over vegetables and sprinkle with chili flakes. Return to grill, reduce heat to medium and cook 3 to 5 minutes until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 380
- Fat 16g
- Saturated Fat 7g
- Cholesterol 30mg
- Sodium 699mg
- Carbohydrate 44g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugars 16g
- Protein 22g