Grilled Salmon Tacos with Grape Pico de Gallo
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1cup red seedless California grapes, chopped
- 1cup green seedless California grapes, chopped
- 1/4cup finely chopped white onion
- 1/2cup jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
- small pinch salt
- 1pound salmon filets
- olive oil
- pepper, to taste
- 12 small corn tortillas
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- Prepare a grill for cooking over medium heat.
- Put the grapes, onion, and jalapeño in a medium bowl. Season with salt and toss lightly. Cover and chill while you prepare the salmon.
- Brush the salmon lightly with olive oil, then season with salt and pepper. Grill for 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or until it’s cooked to your liking. Remove the salmon and keep it warm. Heat the tortillas briefly on the grill in batches until warmed.
- To serve, coarsely chop the salmon and divide it between the tortillas. Top each taco with a heaping tablespoon of grape pico de gallo and serve with lime wedges.
Recipe created by Patricia Bannan, MS, RD, for the California Table Grape Commission
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 347
- Fat 7 g
- Cholesterol 59 mg
- Potassium 611 mg
- Carbohydrate 46 g
- Fiber 5 g