Grilled Veggie Burgers
These hearty, homemade veggie burgers actually hold up on the grill.
- 1 cup oats, ground to flour
- 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs of choice
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 cup cooked black beans, roughly mashed
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds, roasted and unsalted
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds, raw
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- flax eggs: 2 1/2 T ground flaxseed in 1/2 C warm water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Shape mixture into eight large patties, making sure to pack tightly.
- Pre-cook burgers on a greased baking sheet for 15 minutes so they maintain their shape on the grill, flipping once halfway through.
- Remove from oven and cook burgers over medium heat on grill, a few minutes per side.
This recipe originally appeared as Very Veggie Burgers on fullmeasureofhappiness.com.