- 5 russet potatoes
- Dash of salt and pepper
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 1tablespoon melted butter
- 1/2pound lb bacon, cooked and cut into small pieces
- 1-2 zucchinis, chopped into smal pieces
- 1/2 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1cup swiss cheese, grated
- 7 eggs
- 2cups milk
- Pinch of rosemary
- Pinch of tarragon
blog comments powered by
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Grate potatoes using peeler or appropriate stand mixer attachment. Rinse hash browns thoroughly until water runs clear. Dry hash brown using paper towel or salad spinner until very dry.
- Coat hash browns in melted butter, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Arrange in cast iron skillet, pressing up the sides. Bake for 35 minutes, until crispy.
- In another skillet, cook bacon, drain fat, and chop into small pieces. Sauté onion and zucchini until soft.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs and milk together. Add bacon, zucchini, herbs, and cheese. Mix until combined. Pour mixture into hot hash brown crust. Bake at 375F for 30 minutes, until set.
This recipe originally appeared as Hash Brown Quiche on thymeoftaste.com.