Healthy Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
Mashed cauliflower is a healthy, non-starch, and low calorie alternative to mashed potatoes laden with butter and gravy. It’s quick to make, and picky eaters will barely be able to tell that they’re made from vegetables instead of potatoes.
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 small pat of butter
- 4 ounces chevre style goat cheese
- Sea salt
- In a medium saucepan with lid, steam chopped cauliflower until soft.
Steaming Veggies My Way: Fill a pot or saucepan with water about 1 inch deep. Add ½ tsp sea salt and bring to a boil. Add chopped vegetables and cook until soft, about 3-6 mins depending on vegetable. Drain excess water and you’re done!
- In your saucepan add steamed cauliflower, almond milk, chevre style goat cheese, and butter.
- Use stick blender to process ingredients until smooth (you could also use a food processor or potato masher). Add sea salt if needed to taste.
- Garnish with fresh cracked pepper, a drizzle of olive oil, and fresh parsley.
Recipe courtesy of Linda Wagner.