Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Made without flour, eggs, or added sugar, this is a lighter alternative to chocolate chip cookies.
- 2 1/4 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce or mashed banana (about 2 bananas)
- 1 cup nut butter (peanut, almond, etc)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons 100% pure maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 cup pitted dates (packed)
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put all ingredients in a food processor (except chocolate chips) and blend together very well. You may need to stop it and scrape the edges a few times to make sure everything blends together evenly.
- Stir chocolate chips into mixture.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop about 1-2 tbsp of dough for each cookie and place on cookie sheet.
- Use your hands to form each ball of dough into a thick cookie shape (these will not spread out while baking).
- Space cookies equally apart on sheet (should make about 20 cookies).
- Bake for 10-15 minutes (until cookies are firm and starting to slightly brown on top).
Recipe courtesy of Mallorie Mae from Eat Real Healthy Food. Mallorie Mae is a food blogger and painter from Philadelphia.