Healthy Coffee Cake
- Coffee Cake
- 3tablespoons neutral oil
- 1/3cup applesauce
- 1cup strained, thick yogurt
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 2/3cup coconut sugar
- 1teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4teaspoons baking powder
- 1 3/4cups white wheat flour
- Cinnamon Topping
- 1/3cup coconut sugar
- 1/4cup xylitol or organic sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 1/2tablespoons cinnamon
- 1tablespoon white wheat flour
- 1/3cup chopped pecans or walnuts
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 by 9 baking dish and set aside.
2. In a small bowl, combine the cinnamon topping ingredients. Mix to incorporate and set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat together the oil, applesauce and yogurt. Add the eggs, coconut sugar, vanilla, salt and baking powder. Mix until well combined.
4. Gently stir in the flour.
5. Pour about 1/2 of this mixture into the greased baking dish.
6. Pour about 1/3-1/2 of the cinnamon topping mixture over the mixture.
7. Cover with the remaining coffee cake mixture and top with the remaining cinnamon topping mixture.
8. Bake for 28-30 minutes, or until golden. Wait about 5 minutes before cutting into and enjoy!