Hearts of Palm, Shrimp and Avocado Salad
- Yield: 2 servings
- 1clove garlic
- 3tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 3tablespoons fresh basil
- 3tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1/2cup olive oil
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1can (14 oz) hearts of palm
- 2large avocados, diced
- 1large red onion, sliced very thin
- 1large tomato, diced or 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3cups mache lettuce or Boston lettuce leaves, torn
- 8ounces grilled wild shrimp, seasoned with salt, pepper and a little lime juice
- To make the dressing, combine the garlic, cilantro, basil, lemon juice, orange juice and salt in a blender. Slowly add the olive oil and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the sliced hearts of palm with the avocado, red onion, lettuce and tomato. Toss with the dressing right before serving.
- If bringing to the office, pack the lettuce separately from the dressed avocadoes, onion and hearts of palm. Assemble at the office. You can top with the grilled shrimp or serve it on the side if you like.
Recipe courtesy of Paleo Lunches and Breakfasts On the Go: The Solution to Gluten-Free Eating All Day Long with Delicious, Easy and Portable Primal Meals (2013).