Heavenly Omega-Boosted Deviled Eggs
- Yield: 6 servings
- 6-- extra-large eggs
- 2tablespoons (30 g) plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 2teaspoons (10 g) Dijon mustard
- 1/2tablespoon (7.5 ml) flaxseed oil
- 1teaspoon fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4teaspoon sea salt
- -- Pinch cayenne pepper, optional
- -- Sweet paprika, for sprinkling
- Cover the eggs with cold water in a medium saucepan, set the timer for 15 minutes, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to maintain a low boil until the timer goes off. Drain and cool the hard-boiled eggs under cold water.
- In a medium bowl, combine the yogurt, mustard, flaxseed oil, lemon juice, onion powder, salt, and cayenne pepper and whisk together until well blended.
- Peel the eggs and slice in half lengthwise. Place the yolks in the bowl with the yogurt mixture and mix thoroughly. Using a tablespoon, scoop the yolk mixture into the egg whites and sprinkle with the paprika. Serve warm, at room temperature, or chilled.
–This recipe reprinted with permission from the cookbook The 150 Healthiest Comfort Foods on Earth by Jonny Bowden, Ph.D., C.N.S., and Jeannette Bessinger, C.H.H.C.