Honey-Balsamic Chicken with California Grapes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 2cups red seedless California grapes
- 2cups green seedless California grapes
- 1large ripe pear, peeled and chopped
- 1/4cup brown sugar
- 2teaspoons cinnamon
- 2tablespoons wheat flour
- 2tablespoons steel-cut oats
- 1/4cup wheat flour
- 3tablespoons butter, softened
- 2tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Heat the oil in a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and add it to the skillet with the shallots. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring and turning the chicken occasionally, until it and the shallots are nicely browned.
- Add the grapes, vinegar, honey, and garlic and bring them to a boil; cook and stir for 5 minutes more. Place the skillet in the oven and roast for 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Sprinkle the top with rosemary.
Recipe courtesy of the California Table Grape Commission.