Honey-Balsamic Chicken with California Grapes
- Yield 4 servings
The tart roasted grapes complement the sweet balsamic glaze in this hearty-yet-healthy chicken dish.
- 2 cups red seedless California grapes
- 2 cups green seedless California grapes
- 1 large ripe pear, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons steel-cut oats
- 1/4 cup wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Heat the oil in a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and add it to the skillet with the shallots. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring and turning the chicken occasionally, until it and the shallots are nicely browned.
- Add the grapes, vinegar, honey, and garlic and bring them to a boil; cook and stir for 5 minutes more. Place the skillet in the oven and roast for 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Sprinkle the top with rosemary.
Recipe courtesy of the California Table Grape Commission.