Hot Tomato Salsa
- Yield: 12 to 16 servings
- 4 large vine-ripened tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1/2 red onion, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2teaspoons dried chili flakes
- 2teaspoons hot sauce (like Tabasco), or to taste
- 1tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- A few sprigs of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Place all the ingredients, except the parsley, in a food processor. Blend carefully to keep the mixture slightly chunky.
- Stir in the parsley, season to taste and refrigerate until needed. For best taste, leave for a couple of hours before serving with tortilla chips.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Goodness of Garlic: 40 Amazing Immune-Boosting Recipes © 2016 by Natasha Edwards, Kyle Books