Indian Spiced Slaw
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- 2cups red cabbage, shredded
- 2cups green cabbage, shredded
- 1small fennel bulb, shredded
- 1small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1/2cup raisins
- 1large apple, diced
- Salt and pepper
- 1cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2tablespoons canola oil or light olive oil
- 1tablespoon raw brown sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1teaspoon cumin
- 1tablespoon turmeric
- 2tablespoons Tahini
- 1tablespoon celery seed
In a large bowl, mix all of the slaw ingredients well. In a small bowl, whisk together all of the sauce ingredients until blended. Add the sauce to the slaw ingredients and mix well. Salt and pepper to taste.
Serve chilled. This is even better if it sits in the refrigerator overnight so the flavors get a chance to meld together. It lasts a week in the refrigerator and still tastes fresh.
Recipe courtesy of The Ultimate Cancer-Fighting Cookbook.