Indian Spiced Slaw
- Yield 4-6 servings
This interesting, flavorful coleslaw contains 4 cancer fighters in it: cabbage, garlic, onions, and turmeric.
- 2 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups green cabbage, shredded
- 1 small fennel bulb, shredded
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 large apple, diced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil or light olive oil
- 1 tablespoon raw brown sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons Tahini
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
In a large bowl, mix all of the slaw ingredients well. In a small bowl, whisk together all of the sauce ingredients until blended. Add the sauce to the slaw ingredients and mix well. Salt and pepper to taste.
Serve chilled. This is even better if it sits in the refrigerator overnight so the flavors get a chance to meld together. It lasts a week in the refrigerator and still tastes fresh.
Recipe courtesy of The Ultimate Cancer-Fighting Cookbook.