Italian Sausage Flatbread with California Grapes
- Yield 2 servings
A complex, inventive flatbread topped with spicy Italian sausage, crisp California grapes and tangy feta.
- 1 hot Italian turkey sausage, casing removed
- 1/8 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 whole-grain flatbread
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped Swiss chard
- 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 1/2 cup red and green seedless California grapes, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Cook the sausage over medium-low heat in a nonstick skillet until cooked through. Stir in the Italian seasonings and red pepper flakes.
- Gently brush the flatbread with the oil. Layer the flatbread with the sausage, chard, feta, and grapes. Bake for 15 minutes. Slice the flatbread into 8 even pieces.
Recipe created by Tara Gidus, MS, RD, for the California Table Grape Commission