Juicy, Cheesy Spinach Turkey Burgers
- Yield 4 servings
The spinach and feta cheese add moisture to ground turkey breast, which has a tendency to be dry. Don't overcook the burgers. Omit the bun and this will be phase 2 friendly.
- 1 pound ground turkey breast or extra-lean ground meat
- 1/2 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt or fresh garlic, minced
- 4 whole-wheat burger buns
- 4 lettuce leaves (optional)
- 4 tomato slices (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey, feta cheese, spinach, pepper, and garlic salt or garlic and blend gently but thoroughly. Form into 4 equal patties.
- Grill the burgers or pan-fry in a hot nonstick skillet for about 6 minutes on 1 side. Turn and cook until no longer pink in the center, about 6 minutes.
- Serve on a whole-wheat bun. Add lettuce and tomato, if desired.
Reprinted from “State of Slim” by James O. Hill PhD and Holly R. Wyatt, MD. Copyright (c) 2013 by James O. Hill PhD and Holly R. Wyatt, MD. By permission of Rodale Books. Available wherever books are sold.