Juicy, Cheesy Spinach Turkey Burgers
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1pound ground turkey breast or extra-lean ground meat
- 1/2cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- 1/2cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1/2teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2teaspoon garlic salt or fresh garlic, minced
- 4 whole-wheat burger buns
- 4 lettuce leaves (optional)
- 4 tomato slices (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey, feta cheese, spinach, pepper, and garlic salt or garlic and blend gently but thoroughly. Form into 4 equal patties.
- Grill the burgers or pan-fry in a hot nonstick skillet for about 6 minutes on 1 side. Turn and cook until no longer pink in the center, about 6 minutes.
- Serve on a whole-wheat bun. Add lettuce and tomato, if desired.
Reprinted from “State of Slim” by James O. Hill PhD and Holly R. Wyatt, MD. Copyright (c) 2013 by James O. Hill PhD and Holly R. Wyatt, MD. By permission of Rodale Books. Available wherever books are sold.