Lamb and Potato Stew with Spinach
- Yield 6 servings
- Prep 6 hours 20 minutes
- 3 medium potatoes, unpeeled, cut into thick wedges
- 2 large brown onions, sliced thickly
- 2 large carrots, sliced thickly
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
- 2 1/2 pounds boned lamb leg, chopped coarsely
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 2/3 cups canned tomato puree
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 ounces baby spinach leaves
- Place potatoes, onion, carrot, garlic, and lamb in 4½-quart slow cooker; stir in stock, puree, and thyme.
- Cook, covered, on low, 6 hours.
- Discard thyme. Stir in spinach leaves; season to taste.
Serving suggestion: Serve stew with crusty bread and steamed green vegetables.
Reprinted with permission from Delish Family Slow Cooker: Easy, Delicious Meals © 2012 by Hearst Communications, Inc., Photography by Ian Wallace.