Lemon Cornmeal Pancakes
- Yield: 15 servings
- 2cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1cup cornmeal
- 1teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/4cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2cups milk
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- In a large bowl, whisk to combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder & soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk to combine the applesauce, egg, vanilla, milk, and lemon zest & juice.
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat (I used a cast-iron skillet). Grease the pan however you’d like, non-stick spray, butter, coconut oil, etc.
- Using a ¼ cup measurement, form pancakes in the pan. Flip when bubbles have surfaced, or when golden brown.
- Serve warm and top with my mixed berry chia seed jam, or fresh fruit, yogurt, maple syrup, or honey.
Recipe courtesy of The Fit Nut.