Lemon-Ricotta Soufflé with Blueberries
- Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 1/2cup sugar, preferably organic washed cane sugar
- 6large eggs
- Grated zest of lemon
- 1pound whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1pint blueberries
- Set a rack in the lower third of the oven and preheat to 375F. Butter a 9-inch pie plate or baking dish. Set aside 1 tablespoon of the sugar.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, remaining 7 tablespoons of sugar, and lemon zest. Add the ricotta and whisk until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the pie plate and bake for 15 minutes. Top with the blueberries, sprinkle the remaining tablespoon of sugar, and bake until just set, about 15 minutes more. Serve warm or chilled.
Reprinted with permission from the publisher, Harper Collins, from Fresh Food Fast by Peter Berley. Copyright 2013.