Lime Cilantro Chicken Tacos
- Yield 4 servings
Rotisserie chicken gives you a jump-start on an easy dinner with Tex-Mex flair.
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 1/2 cups roughly shredded rotisserie chicken
- 8 -- (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium red onions, sliced
- 1 -- red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 -- yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- -- Coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 sprigs fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Whisk together lime juice and rind, soy sauce, cilantro, and cumin in a large bowl. Add shredded chicken; toss.
- Wrap stacked tortillas in foil, and place in oven to warm.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add onions and peppers; sauté over high heat until browned, about 12 minutes. Add garlic, salt and pepper; cook 2 minutes.
- Spoon chicken mixture and bell pepper mixture down center of each tortilla. Add cilantro sprigs.
Recipe by Laraine Perri.