Lobster Tacos with Kumquats and Avocado-Cilantro Sauce
- Yield: 4 servings
- 3tablespoons sour cream or creme fraiche
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1cup fresh cilantro, plus 2 sprigs for garnish
- 1/2 avocado, peeled, halved, and pitted
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 2 lobster tails in shells
- 2tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 corn tortillas
- 1cup shredded cabbage
- 1/4cup kumquats, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/4teaspoon coarse sea salt
- To make the avocado-cilantro sauce, place the sour cream, lime juice and zest, ¼ cup cilantro, avocado, and salt in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until combined and smooth. Transfer to a small bowl, cover, and refrigerate until ready to use.
- To prepare the lobster, heat the grill to medium-high. Using a large sharp knife, cut the lobster tails in half lengthwise. Brush with olive oil. Place the lobster tails cut side down on the hot grill and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, until grill marks can be seen. Flip the lobster over and continue to cook another 4 minutes, until cooked through. Remove from the grill and let rest until cool enough to handle. Remove the lobster meat from the shell and cut into bite-size pieces.
- Warm the tortillas by placing them on the grill for 1 minute. Place ¼ cup of shredded cabbage on each tortilla. Top with about 1 tablespoon avocado-cilantro sauce. Divide the lobster meat and kumquats evenly and place on top of cabbage and sauce. Finish with a pinch of sea salt. Garnish with cilantro.
Recipes and images excerpted from THE YUMMY MUMMY KITCHEN by Marina Delio. Copyright © 2013 by Marina Delio. Used with permission of HarperOne, an imprint of HarperCollinsPublishers.