Maple-Cinnamon Sweet Potato Pancakes
- Yield 2 servings
Loaded with fiber and vitamin A, these cinnamon-spiced sweet potato pancakes are a healthy (and delicious!) way to kick off your morning.
- 1 sweet potato
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Cook the sweet potato: first peel the skin and then prick with a fork all over. Cut the sweet potato into quarters and place in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and cook in the microwave for about 10 minutes until soft. Allow the sweet potato to cool slightly, then mash with a potato masher until smooth. Measure out 1/2 cup sweet potato and reserve any remaining for another purpose.
- Preheat a skillet or pan on the stovetop on medium-high heat. Coat with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine 1/2 cup mashed sweet potato and all other ingredients in a large mixing bowl or food processer until blended well.
- Use a 1/4 measuring cup to portion batter onto skillet. Use the back of a spoon to shape.
- Watch for bubbles on the pancake’s surface before flipping. Flip and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately with your favorite toppings, such as sliced almonds.
Recipe courtesy of Carrots ‘N’ Cake.