Mashed Potato-Topped Meatloaf Cupcakes
- Yield 6 servings
- Prep 25 minutes
- Cook 30 minutes
These lightened-up meatloaf cupcakes are topped with a swirl of creamy mashed potatoes—perfect as an appetizer or light dinner.
- 1 1/4 pounds extra-lean ground beef (4% fat or less)
- 1 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute or egg whites
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup each salt and pepper
- Mashed Potato Topping
- 20 ounces (about 3 medium) white potatoes, peeled
- 2 1/2 tablespoons light sour cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons light whipped butter or light buttery spread
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with foil baking cups, or spray it with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all meatloaf ingredients.Thoroughly mix.
- Evenly distribute meatloaf mixture among the muffin cups, and smooth out the tops with the back of a spoon. Bake until firm and cooked through with lightly browned edges, 20 – 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add potatoes, and once returned to a boil, reduce heat to medium. Cook until very tender, 15 – 20 minutes.
- Drain and transfer potatoes to a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients for mashies except paprika. Thoroughly mash and mix.
- Evenly top mini meatloaves with mashies, and sprinkle with paprika. Eat up!