Mixed Vegetable Curry with Coconut and Yogurt
- 2 cups Mixed vegetables including plantain, yams, yellow cucumber, carrot , squash, potato
- 2-3 cups to cook vegetables
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- Yogurt Paste
- 1/2 cup grated coconut
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2-3 green Thai chillies
- 10 curry leaves
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- Cook the vegetables in the water with the turmeric powder, till soft. Check the squash to see if it is soft, if so all other vegetables should be cooked. Add salt to this once the vegetables are cooked.
- Grind together the coconut, cumin, green chillies and yogurt to a fine paste.
- Add this paste to the cooked vegetables.
- Garnish/season with the coconut oil and curry leaves.
Recipe Courtesy of Manju at Mirch Masala